Monday, June 26, 2006

Opinion poll

Perhaps a month or two ago, with a lot of enthusiasm and hope, I set up an opinion-poll-window on the sidebar of this weblog, expecting that my readers, whom I consider the most erudite and discerning in this universe, would deluge me with praises and prizes, making my wretched and barren life blooming with flowers and sweetness all around. But alas… Me poor chap!! Too credulous and naïve to deal with this cruel world. What I discovered now was devastating.

Status Report at 2300 hrs June 25, 2006 (GMT)

  1. 75% of my readers believe that the weblog is a junk.
  2. 87% of my readers believe that I have no talents whatsoever to qualify as a blogger.
  3. 62% of my audiences think that the weblog, whom I consider my greatest love, is the most awful of all.
  4. 75% of my visitors conclude that the weblog is pretty ordinary.

Dear readers, I am sure that what you said is not the true opinion from your heart. I know that you love me so much, as I love you too.

5 Comments:

Blogger ə said...

and still you blog...........

Monday, June 26, 2006 4:38:00 PM  
Blogger Akash said...

Stiletto, Yes I do and I shall. Want to know why?

If I remember correctly, the fellow was born around half a century ago …. After putting in long and arduous efforts he invented a device, keeping an eye on whose lens one could see a very distant object coming close to within grips in a moment. With that device the fellow watched with his own eyes that, it is not the Sun rotating around the Earth, but the other way round. He watched it over and over and over before finally erupting in joy of discovery. He then looked visibly happy as his seemingly unending years of lone efforts now bore fruit. Unexpected, Unthinkable ….Tears started rushing through the floodgates of his eyes. So now he could prove that the Catholic Church was wrong. The church surely cheated the people for so long a time with baseless, unscientific and cooked-up facts purposely to maintain its grip over them. No no it’s not the Sun, the Earth is rotating around the Sun … the Church must've been wrong …surely they were wrong … He was also preparing to demand an exemplary punishment for the pastors who, every evening, preach such downright lies to the masses….

We all know that, not the actual perpetrators, but it was Galileo, who was punished by the church for propagating blasphemous theories challenging the diktats of the holy Bible...The church also turned the general public against Galileo for desecration of God... He was arrested, beaten, publicly ridiculed for standing by some truths, nothing can be more universal than whom; something that he watched with his own eyes using telescope that he made over a long time, slowly, bit by bit …. …. The most pathetic eventuality to the greatest scientist on earth…. Nobody even extended a shoulder for Galileo just to cry on…..

… It is only a few years ago, maybe in 1992, the Roman Catholic Church finally, formally absolved Galileo from all guilt, indirectly admitting that what he discovered 500 years ago was entirely true…


I think I have explained rather more clearly than necessary, why I shall not stop blogging for unkind responses from my readers:))

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 2:13:00 AM  
Blogger Anwesha Chatterjee said...

Holy Cow!!!! So, we are in the midst of committing yet another heresy!!!!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 3:59:00 AM  
Blogger ə said...

he he he...was just appreciating your perserverance...

:)

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 5:30:00 AM  
Blogger Akash said...

@anz: My readers cannot be heretic. If they are, they must have been brainwashed by THEM. My readers are the cream of the crop.

@stiletto: Now you see in just one day how things have started to change I’m now able to wrest some appreciation from them. So no way I’m giving up on my readers.

@akash: Dude! Galileo was not born half a century ago. Half a millennium!!! Are you all right?

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 3:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter script